In our ongoing effort to protect you from debit card fraud we have initiated an automated CARD ALERT NOTIFICATION* system.
Our fraud detection program will monitor your North Shore Bank debit card transactions for any suspicious activity, and if detected, will contact you directly by phone or by text for verification.
*This is not fraud protection, merely a fraud alert system. Please continue to safe guard all of your card(s) and use your good common sense whenever you use your debit card.
North Shore Bank of Commerce’s Card Alert Notification System:
If a potentially fraudulent transaction is taking place you will be contacted directly, by text or by phone, so that future fraudulent transactions can be avoided. Your transactions will be monitored for purchases outside your normal purchasing patterns, unusual timeframes and geographical locations, or purchase patterns that are consistent with previously identified fraud trends.
TEXT message fraud alert:
- The text message will arrive with a 5 digit code (33748) and contain the name North Shore Bank of Commerce.
- Reply “Yes” if you authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming return text message.
- A “No” reply means you have not authorized the transaction. You will receive a confirming return text and you will be contacted by a designated fraud specialist for follow up.
- If you would like to opt out of receiving these messages by text, you may reply “Stop” to indicate this preference.
- Do not reply to this, or any text from anyone, with any personal or confidential information.
PHONE call fraud alert:
- If your phone number of record with us is not a cellular phone, you will instead receive an automated phone call asking you to call 877-890-3179.
- In order to prevent possible difficulties using your card, it is important that you call us back at your earliest convenience, at the number provided, to speak with a designated fraud specialist