At North Shore Bank, protecting your privacy and personal information is of paramount importance. We are committed to utilizing the latest security technology to provide you with a safe and secure online environment. Security is a partnership – you are the first line of defense.
What we do to protect your information
Here are some of the ways we secure your information:
- Secure web communications - We use encryption technology such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) to provide a secure link between your web browser and our web site to ensure that your information remains confidential.
- Firewall – North Shore Bank utilizes state-of-the-art firewall and intrusion prevention systems which are monitored 24x7 for unauthorized traffic.
- Passwords –We use multifactor authentication and challenge questions to verify your identity.
- Login timeout – Our system will automatically log you out of our online banking system after a period of inactivity to reduce the risk of someone accessing your information if your computer was left unattended.
- Secure Email – In the event you need to contact us, be sure to use our secure contact form as this will ensure that any information you provide will be encrypted. To protect your personal information, please do not send sensitive information to us via email.
What you should do to protect your information
There are a number of steps you can take to safeguard your information:
- Make sure your computer is updated with current patches and antivirus updates.
- Use the most recent version of a browser such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome or Safari.
- Keep your online passwords secure. Do not write them down or share them with anyone.
- Know who you are dealing with - Use secure web sites for shopping or other transactions. Verify that your information is being encrypted by looking for ‘https://’ in the address bar or a padlock icon in your web browser.
- Protect yourself from e-mail scams – be wary of any unsolicited emails, especially those requesting that you open an attachment or click on a link and provide personal information.
- Check your credit report periodically for unauthorized accounts. You can obtain a free copy of your credit report once every 12 months from https://www.annualcreditreport.com/
For more tips and information about security, please visit http://www.onguardonline.gov/
or look at the following brochure